Sunday, July 12, 2020

Stay @ Home Update #14


Each Sunday (at 5:00 AM) I'm sharing how the week's 10-minute stay@home organizational challenge went. If you don't have an idea what that means and you're curious, you can learn more in my original Stay @ Home Update blog post
 - found HERE.

Now here's the disclaimer: Some of these daily stay@home challenges are taking more than 10 minutes, but who's counting, right? 

Here's what I've accomplished this week...

As I mentioned on my last Stay @ Home post, I took a 3-day break from these organizational tasks, so there's nothing to share from Day 1 and Day 2 of this week.


Day 3 - TUES, July 7
I don't use confetti very often - hardly at all, in fact - but I had two drawers overflowing with confetti. It was time to take control. I went in search of a solution and ended up ordering some little plastic containers with screw-on lids from Amazon (I didn't want the confetti escaping). They arrived this weekend. THESE are the ones I ordered.


I put the confetti in the containers and now they fit in one drawer with room to spare. These little containers hold quite a bit - not as much as the bigger jars I had in my original system, but I didn't need that much of any single confetti anyway. I put the leftover amount of confetti in my donate pile.


Day 4 - WED, July 8
Today I found a bin with this little stash of odds and ends in it - flowers, clips, mini clothespins, chains, and more. I sorted the items, tossing a few, but mostly putting them all away in their appropriate storage 


Day 5 - THUR, July 9
This area shows a lot of my ribbon storage - SU in the white piece, AMuse Studio in the clear standing piece and loose ribbons (sorted by color/theme) in the bins. Other brands of ribbon rolls are just around the corner in the closet. However, around the desk and across the room are two more drawers of ribbon - small rolls. That was so unhandy and truthfully, those rolls were mostly unused/ignored.


I did some checking and discovered that the rolls would fit in one of the drawers in the unit the ribbon bins sit on top of. Perfect! I moved them to that top drawer. I did take the ribbon off of a few of the smaller rolls and add them to the bins of loose ribbons because not all of the rolls would fit in that one drawer.

Day 6 - FRI, July 10
I have a variety of items intended for altered projects, journaling, Scripture prompts, etc. They were spread out in numerous places around my Play Room. Today I gathered them up and put them in this three-drawer unit that was in my storage closet (holding bubble wrap, which I relocated).


Day 7 - SAT, July 11
This DVD tower is where I store my new style SU stamp sets (I do have some of the older ones in clamshells on a different shelf). It was getting full - and I've been admiring some sets in the new catalog that will surely need to take up shelf space at some point in the next few months. Time for a purge. The stamp sets on the bottom shelf have been pulled from my Evernote inventory and will be sold.

Okay, that's it for this week. Stay tuned to see what I accomplish in the coming week.




2 comments:

  1. You have so much gear Jeanette - and it looks so beautiful so neat and tidy!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do need another DVD tower or two.

    ReplyDelete