Sunday, April 26, 2020

Stay @ Home Update #3


Each Sunday (at 5:00 AM) I'm sharing how the week's 10-minute stay@home organizational challenge went. If you don't have an idea what that means and you're curious, you can learn more in my original Stay @ Home Update blog post - found HERE.

Now here's the disclaimer: Some of these daily stay@home challenges are taking more than 10 minutes, but who's counting, right? 

Here's what I've accomplished this week...


Day 1 - SUN, April 19
I have a lot of dies and have had them organized for a long time. They are even separated into categories, so overall, a pretty good system. For some reason though, I hadn't thought to label each one in a way that is easy to know the name/company. Today I labeled (just handwritten labeling) each of the dies in one of my metal crates. This is about half of my dies, so obviously I'll be doing this same task another day to complete the job.


Day 2 - MON, April 20
I still have several drawers of wood-mounted stamps to upload into my Evernote inventory so I added the ones in the Nature-Flowers drawer today.


Day 3 - TUES, April 21
A couple of days ago I labeled about half of the dies in my die storage. I had originally thought that wasn't needed, but over time realized it really would be helpful. Today I labeled the other half, so my dies are now all labeled. 
Day 4 - WED, April 22
Today I added the stamps in my Ocean-Beach drawer into my Evernote inventory. 

Day 5 - THUR, April 23
Today I created the labels for the stamp company dividers in 9 of my bins of unmounted/cling mounted stamps. I've now completed those dividers for 28 of my bins of stamps. I have 9 more bins to go. 


Day 6 - FRI, April 24
I really am wanting to get my stamps all inventoried, so today I added the "Owls" drawer to my Evernote file. Interestingly, since this is a smaller number of stamps, I actually managed to do this task in just over the 10 minutes allotted for my stay@home challenge. Most days take quite a bit longer than 10 minutes.

Day 7 - SAT, April 25
My Embossing Powders were taking up space in two drawers and were a disorganized mess. I decided it was time to do something about that. 

I purged first, getting rid of duplicates and others that I felt certain I would never use.

Once I'd decided which ones to keep, I created samples/labels so I could easily tell what the embossing looked like and I organized them all into one single drawer. 

It looks much better and I can easily find the one I want to use.


Okay, that's it for this week. Stay tuned to see what I accomplish in the coming week.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Jeanette!! I think I'll add a label maker to my Christmas wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Jeanette - you are accomplishing so much with your (approx) 10 minutes a day :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete